Resource Recovery/Yard Ranger Position is the selective extraction of disposed materials for a specific next use. The Resource Recovery Specialist/Yard Ranger performs services to help ensure that regulated waste at client's facilities is properly handled, containerized, accumulated, packaged and disposed of. The Specialist performs a variety of operational tasks related to non-hazardous and hazardous waste materials management which include waste control, safety, waste reduction/material conservation, environmental protection and reporting. Janitorial Experience (A Plus!)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and separate disposed materials in accordance with California State regulations and client’s procedures
- Identify non-compliant material and take proper course of action
- Maintain collection areas in accordance with California State Regulations and client’s procedures
- Keep receptacles secured to prevent unauthorized access
- Move materials as needed. This may involve use of pallet jack, dollies and other necessary equipment
- Conduct inspections of receptacles and accumulation areas to ensure requirements are followed
- Order new accumulation containers as required.
- Initiate pickup request when receptacles are at or near capacity
- Maintain a detail log as instructed by supervisor
- Report exceptions to Supervisor and Client management
- Assures Methods and Procedures used in inspecting, identifying and correcting conditions are strictly followed as determined by Operations management.
- Responsible for storing and securing all Company and client’s tools, materials and equipment
- Responsible for daily inspections of all equipment including but not limited to operations, effectiveness and cleanliness.
- Submission of all reports upon completion of each site
- Attend all safety meetings scheduled by operations management
- Responsible for maintaining maximum number of monthly deviations set by operations management
- Other Duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A valid driver’s or a reliable transportation is required in order to travel between customer sites.
- Must be punctual, dependable and flexible;
- Must be able to work Weekends, Holidays and additional hours as needed
- Must be able to adhere to all safety policies and procedure at all times, including but not limited to wearing steel-toe shoes or boots and all PPE (Personal Protection Equipment)