The goal of the Design Consultant is to suggest design ideas that incorporate functionality and aesthetics. He/she will assist customers in selecting tile, wood and stone products of various colors, textures, patterns and designs.
- Meet with customers to determine preferences, purpose, function, types of materials and budget when planning interior and exterior environments.
- Integrate findings and knowledge of interior design to formulate a plan and sell the appropriate products to complete the plan.
- Meet sales goals that are established by the General Manager.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in Interior Design preferred.
- Three (3) years of interior design experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
- Prior retail sales experience.
- Knowledge of hard surface flooring is a plus.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong analytical and communication skills (oral and written).
- Proficient in basic mathematical skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS (TRAVEL, HOURS, ENVIRONMENT)
- Occasional travel may be required by car.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to a warehouse environment and moving vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is typically quiet to moderate.
Sedentary Work – Ability to exert 10 - 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your résumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.