SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION: Manages all transportation activities for the Traffic Department and schedules driver and assigns routes to maximize productivity and ensure compliance with DOT regulations and company rules.
- 3 years of related experience of material handling, shipping/receiving and warehouse experience.
- Must be familiar with basic component identification, part number systems, material handling equipment, and the inventory management systems.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and requires standing and moving about the facility constantly.
- Familiarity with UPS, FedEx, and DHL shipping procedures a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word & Excel).
- Ability wot work under pressure, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate well with all levels of employees within the company.
- Forklift Certified.
- Valid CA Driver’s License and a clean driving record.
- Attention to detail.
- Great customer service.
- Knowledge of AX (D365) system a plus.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Plant and office environment.
EQUIPMENT USED: Computer, Forklift and Tools of the Trade.
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Responsible for planning and scheduling of shipments to maximize delivery efficiency.
- Researches and analyzes freight costs and classification, delivery methods and delivery schedules to minimize delivery costs and maximize customer satisfaction for delivering and offloading high value, oversize, overweight loads.
- Create Budgets and purchase orders.
- Develops and maintains transportation and distribution procedures.
- Manage daily shipments to customers by packing and labeling outgoing shipments per customers’ request or specifications.
- Schedule and secure cost-effective transportation of products to meet our customers’ shipping requirements: maintain relationships with shipping providers and resolve any shipping issues.
- Must be able to handle telephone and email communication with customers a freight companies.
- Work with management, customers and other departments to resolve discrepancies.
- Utilize the computer to assist in determining the status of parts; keep a daily update on build status.
- Reads production schedules, inventory reports and work orders to ensure completion and on time shipment; prepare/maintain weekly records to report status/progress of assignments to management.
- Expedites parts to remedy shortage problems.
- Performs a variety of coordinating, routing and material handling duties to meet production schedules; may ensure incoming materials are properly routed; may monitor the flow of materials and parts between departments in order to meet schedule commitments.
- Manage traffic functions and supervises employees and driver.
- Provides DOT support to Engineering.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your résumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.