Summary of Job Description:Test mobile and power transformers based on engineering documents, customer specifications and IEEE standards.
Qualification: Bachelor of science in Electrical Engineering. Experience in power transformer testing. Minimum of 5 years’ experience in power transformer design or test. Familiarity with power transformer design and test or in a related field. Familiarity with power transformer basic materials, standards and controls. Knowledge of ANSI/IEEE/IEC standards as they relate to transformer testing.
Working Conditions:Power transformer manufacturing environment and customer site. Work in energized high voltage area.
Equipment Used: Computer and equipment to test transformers.
Detailed Job Description:
- Lead daily testing of transformers and controls.
- Ensure ongoing adherence to internal and external standards.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose problems.
- Utilize PC and necessary hand calculations to prepare files and forms for transformer test and draft Certified Test Reports.
- Prepare detailed test plans for scheduled transformers based on input from the customer specification, test specification, nameplate, control drawings, standards, equipment instruction manuals and work instructions.
- Interface with engineering as necessary for clarifications or to obtain additional information. Represent the test department in a professional manner.
- Maintain & Repair test equipment as necessary. Ensure equipment is calibrated and schedule upcoming calibrations. Monitor condition of test equipment and test fixtures.
- Recognize opportunities for improvement and take action.
- Ensure engineering changes are acted upon as required and communicate non-conformance's via quality assurance department.
- Provide work leadership and train test technicians. Teach equipment setup, connections, principles of operation, maintenance, and diagnostics.
- Involvement of commissioning and testing of mobile substations.
Benefits: Full benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401k with company match, ESOP, life, AD&D, optional LTD, vacation and sick leave.
Delta Star, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your résumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.