Inventory Control Clerk 3: Performs the physical or administrative tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storing and distributing of materials, parts, supplies and equipment.
Responsible for performing administrative and physical tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storing, and distributing of materials, parts, supplies and equipment. This position is responsible for Applied Physics Systems warehouse and production inventory documentation, management
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the warehouse team to accomplish warehouse material processing.
- Ensures the inventory accuracy through cycle count or physical count on a regular basis.
- Sorts incoming materials and has an understanding of how to use bar code system SFIS.
- Unloads all Air/sea shipmen and sorts materials into pallets, racks, and shelves.
- Conducts incoming material receiving, counting and prepares receiving report for the department manager.
- Works with the Quality Assurance (QA) Department to further streamline the current Return to Merchandise Authorization (RMA) credit process.
- Picks customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves and forwards order to shipping or kitting area to ensure the sales orders are processed smoothly.
- Continuously enhances product knowledge through daily job involvement.
- Completes any other tasks/projects as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 3-5 years of related warehouse experience within the areas of inventory control, material handling, shipping and receiving, distribution, and/or operations.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Good understanding of basic/fundamental warehouse operational procedures.
- Mathematical skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units.
- Certification in Forklift is preferred
- Team oriented, self-initiative, and proactive.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. of boxes.
Applied Physics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please send resumes to
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your résumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.