Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale’s like no other store in the world.
Bloomingdale's is seeking a highly energetic and professional, Seasonal B.Helpful Associate. Seasonal B-helpful Associates serve as a “go to” resource for our customers and associates throughout the store. The Customer Service, B-Helpful Associate manages an in-store service hub and provides a quick, seamless and efficient process to assist customers with their ‘buy online pick-up in store’ orders (BOPS), processing easy returns, tourism information and facilitates the booking of appointments for various in store services. Perform other duties as required.
Seasonal associates are eligible to receive a bonus incentive upon completion of their seasonal assignment, colleague discounts and the opportunity to be a part of an iconic brand during the most exciting time of the year.
- Deliver a luxury customer experience through greeting and engaging all customers and providing a genuine and friendly interaction.
- Retrieve purchases and orders and complete transition for customer.
- Promote the Bloomingdale’s Loyalist program and shares features and benefits.
- Graciously accept and processes returns.
- Outreach to customers who have not picked up their order in an attempt to save the sale.
- Connect customers with selling professionals to maximize the sale and aim to build client relationship.
- Book in store service appointments and promote instore events.
- Quickly problem solves issues to ensure an outstanding experience for our customer.
- Respond promptly and efficiently to customers on the phone, attend to their needs and connect them to the expert who can assist.
- Maintain a list of associates who speak multiple languages and connect customers with respective associates.
- Sharing neighborhood information including events, stores, restaurants and experiences.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Experience in a similar role preferred but not required.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to read, write, and interpret business and technical documents.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, team members and management.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Ability to use calculator.
- Self-motivated and proactive with the ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects while meeting deadlines.
- Flexibility in responding to changing priorities.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items at least 30lbs.
- Ability to collaborate and participate as a member of a team.
- Must possess strong sense of urgency.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.