- Give support to supervisors with regards to accomplishing tasks while referring uncommon personnel or technical issues to the supervisor.
- Offer suggestions for performance evaluation; oversee the duties of designated crew members.
- Carry out diverse skilled activities involving the repair and maintenance of equipment and facilities; designate and monitor the work of personnel to achieve the completion of diverse tasks in relation to building and construction.
- Fabricate, construct, and repair district appliances and facilities, such as metal and wood structures, furniture, and equipment facilities.
- Arrange exterior parts for varnishing and painting, and apply surface cover ups as necessary.
- Carry out diverse heating, plumbing, and refrigeration related tasks.
- Assemble, cut, thread, and lay pipes while also aiding in the repair, installation, maintenance, and purchase of various heating, plumbing, and air-conditioning fixtures.
- Carry out metal and welding; perform diagnosis and repairs on electronic ignition systems for furnaces and heaters, as well as for hot water heaters.
- Guarantee adherence to safety practices and principles, and to the relevant Federal, State, and Local codes.
- Work with diverse machines and equipment, such as hand and power tools, and drill presses saws in carrying out maintenance and repair tasks.
- Ensure the maintenance of equipment and tools in a clean, secure, and appropriate working condition.
- Engage in diverse skill activities such as repairs of roof, doors, windows and other building components.
- Make an estimate of cost of labor and items needed for work orders; acquires competitive prices for supplies and equipment required by the district.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic computer skills
- Good communication skills and able read/write English
- This position requires math skills
- Technical training is also preferred in the areas of electrical, mechanical, plumbing, heating, refrigerating, welding, and carpentry
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Manufacturing related 5-10 year’s experience is required
- Should have sound technical knowledge of machines and equipment
- Should have ability to identify problems with the electronic systems and carry out their maintenance
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.