IT Infrastructure Support Specialist
The Information Technology (IT) Support Specialist is responsible for computer/device set-up, installation, troubleshooting, service, upgrades and maintenance. Additional responsibilities include basic networking tasks, IT asset inventory maintenance, preventative maintenance tasks, and user support. Job duties are performed onsite during normal business hours, with occasional nights and weekends as required to support production. This position requires some physical activity, such as lifting and moving computer equipment. The IT Support specialist must be knowledgeable in all aspects of computer support, diligent and analytical, and work well with others.
IT Infrastructure Support Specialist Tasks:
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot devices and systems, hardware, and software
- Document system performance, assist with hardware and software debugging
- Follow maintenance protocols to ensure systems are secure and ready to use
- Contribute to the design and deployment of servers, directories, wireless, backups, and personal devices
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years’ experience in computer networks and systems maintenance
- 2+ years’ experience on current network operating systems
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage stress effectively in high-pressure situations
- Understanding of IT principles and an ability to communicate technical concepts effectively
- Ability to create process documents with flowcharts and diagrams
- Experience with help desk and network monitoring applications
- Experience with Cisco infrastructure equipment (ASAs, Switches, Routers, Wireless Access Points)
- Experience with virtualization technologies (XenServer, VMWare.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.