Our is searching for an experienced engineering manager to add to its rapidly growing team. You have a passion for solving big and complex problems with a high societal impact. You care as much about your people as product development, if not more. Your leadership and teaching skills will be key to the development of the team.
This offers an opportunity to make an impact while doing rewarding work: they employ people in need with thousands of jobs per week (Veterans, Students, single mothers and fathers). They have an innovative and diverse team and are looking to add a manager who will balance mentorship, product planning, delivery, and code quality while building a system that makes an immediate difference in people's lives.
You will be guiding a development team and occasionally developing features on our core platform and web app for our employees, our clients, and our teammates. You will go beyond just coding and help to shape the engineering culture and best practices.
- Lead a team of talented engineers in development, design and testing
- Motivate, inspire and drive a high performing team with a proactive leadership approach
- Work across technical and non technical teams to deliver high quality software
- Comfortable spending 50% of your time coding (teaching) and 50% managing (management is less important) the technical team
- Provide technical leadership on key architectural decisions
- Mentor engineers to further develop skills
- 4+ years experience with mySQL, node.js, and AWS.
- You are adept in at least one modern front-end framework.
- You care about shipping high-quality code with effective tests.
- You seek to understand and transform business requirements into performant, engaging features.
- You execute swiftly and intelligently to surpass expectations, while maintaining a work-life balance.
Capabilities and Talents:
- Strong technical problem solving skills are a must, with a focus on scalable solutions and performance optimization
- Enthusiasm for working in a dynamic and always-changing environment
- Capable of quickly prioritizing tasks with multiple conflicting deadlines
- Team player
- Direct, clear communicator
- Experience with React
- Experience with Redux
They offer their business customers the flexibility of a mobile-based staffing platform with the benefits of the legal protections from a traditional W-2 staffing model. This gives their hourly employees access to benefits and other W-2 advantages.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.