The ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE & PAYABLE SPECIALIST is responsible for all accounts payable, charges, and other miscellaneous billing. This includes Invoice and check preparation for signature and distribution. Also Accounts Receivable researching and resolving discrepancies, reviewing and analyzing data.
- Process manual checks and maintain control log.
- Ensure club policy is followed for invoice approval procedures.
- Maintain and control voided check log.
- Print accounts payable checks and attached invoices to the checks.
- File check vouchers and invoices after processing.
- Verify invoice extensions, footings and the sales tax that is charged, if required.
- Distribute invoices to department heads for approval.
- Make sure invoices are properly verified for quantities and signed approval for payment.
- Post invoices in the computer following internal controls to assure that only valid, approved and accurate vender invoices are recorded and paid.
- Communicate with managers regarding invoice processing, statement reconciliation and other accounts payable issues.
- Copy all fixed asset invoices for the permanent file.
- Maintain vender files and good vendor relationships.
- Maintain the accounts payable database.
- Match all vendor statements to the month-end accounts payable aging due list.
- Reconcile and close the accounts payable system for the month.
- Reconcile certain general ledger accounts relating to accounts payable activity.
- Process weekly accounts payable invoices and checks.
- Review vendor statements with processed invoices and resolve missing or discrepancies with amounts.
- Process 1099s at year end, obtain W-9’s from new vendors where appropriate, and assist with credit applications, certificate of exemptions and W-9’s.
- Assist the needs of members, as required.
- Adhere to all federal, state and local laws.
- Investigate inquiries on member charges and respond to member inquiries on their account in a friendly and timely manner.
- Review and researching accounts receivable discrepancies including tracking discrepancies, creating exception reports and working with club personnel/management.
- Process credit memos for approved adjustments such as late fees.
- Maintain & Process A/R auto pay online banking
- Reconcile accounts receivable related general ledger accounts.
- Reconcile credit card GL account.
- Generate monthly aging reports, including delinquencies.
- Assist and support documentation responding to internal and external auditors.
- Additional job duties:
- Maintain petty cash and miscellaneous cash as needed.
- Assist with year-end audit as directed by the Controller.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Special projects and other functions as required by Controller.
- Assist with payroll as needed.
- Experience with accounting software, specifically accounts payable module.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree.
- Proficient Computer skills including Microsoft Office, Outlook email, and Excel.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Minimum of 2 years prior experience in accounting in a private club environment or hospitality.
- Proficient in club specific or related software.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.