Major Areas of Responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Maintain work operations for billing payers by following policies and procedures and identifying compliance issues.
- Maintain quality results by following set standards for billing and collection procedures and activities.
- Perform general clerical duties as required. This role involves a considerable amount of computer work.
Claim Denial Management
- Work with Billers to make sure all information on claims is correct prior to submission.
- Audit the most complex patient claims for arithmetical accuracy, legibility, and compliance with program billing requirements.
- Understand complex reimbursement arrangements and is able to follow up with payors by working to assure that all claims are paid.
- Identify areas to improve claim submission data to reduce claim denials.
- Work to reduce Accounts Receivable by improving accuracy of claims and reducing claim denials.
Patient/Payer Statements & Collection
- Secure outstanding balance payments for care of patients by posting, adjusting, balancing, and sending regular statements.
- Collect delinquent accounts by establishing payment arrangements with patients/payors; monitoring payments; following up with patients when payment lapses occur.
- Respond to patient/payor questions about claims and resolves billing issues
- Protect the organization by keeping collection information confide
Location Billing Alameda Requirements
- Knowledge of Health care third party reimbursement programs; such as Medicare, Medi-Cal, or private insurance.
- Knowledge of the methods, and practices of billing, accounts receivable, and collection.
- Knowledge of modern office methods and equipment.
- Ability to prepare financial reports and maintain ledgers and journals.
- Ability to interpret billing policies and procedures for various programs.
- Ability to independently carry out varied responsible billing assignments.
- Ability to solve problems and resolve conflicts.
Other Certifications and Experience
- Requires high school diploma/equivalent
- Three years or more of full-time experience performing medical billing or medical accounts receivable functions.
- Excellent communication skills; must be able to work in a team environment
- Excellent customer service skills
Full-Time/Part Time Full-time Salary Range 17.54
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.