This exciting role encompasses sales, customer service and marketing skills. The primary responsibility of this position is to lease apartments through product demonstration and implementing marketing strategies. Other responsibilities include resident retention and customer satisfaction for the current residents and prospective residents. Administrative duties include completing lease paperwork, updating web advertising and inquiries, and completing leasing reports. Other responsibilities include thorough product knowledge of major competitors through site visits and telephone surveys.
The leasing agent is the first point of contact and key to shaping the amazing experience residents and visitors enjoy at a community. They assist current residents, lead prospective tenants on tours through the property, and promote the Community.
Leasing consultants with Career Strategies earn hourly rates depending on experience, role and community.
Are you a positive person who loves interacting with every type of personality? We want to meet YOU!
Duties may include (but are not limited to):
- Respond to internet leads, answer prospect calls, schedule appointments, conduct property tours and promote attractive community features
- Greet visitors (residents, future residents and internal team members)
- Prepare refreshments
- Maintain thorough product knowledge of the property and that of major competition
- Accurately prepare and have a thorough knowledge of all lease-related paperwork
- Maintain prospect traffic and leasing data, and assist with other computer data entry as necessary
- Deliver new resident gifts and move in packets
- Inspect units for move-ins to ensure units are ready
- Assist with planning and hosting of resident functions
- Collect application fees, deposits and rent
- Prepare and submit application materials for approval
- Follow up with prospects after viewing homes or submitting applications
- Prepare service requests
- Prepare move-in / move-out notices, inspections or procedures
- Utilize established sales and marketing strategies to increase property traffic, maintain closing ratios and work to achieve and exceed budgeted occupancy percentages
Awesome candidates are dynamic & possess an ability to interact and connect with every personality. Extraordinary communication skills coupled with a confident approach are critical to this role. Some successful employees have backgrounds in real estate, banking, customer service, management, retail, restaurant, hospitality/hotel, reception, administrative and sales.
- Ability to solve problems and work with minimal supervision
- Sales skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret all forms of information
- Ability to accept and learn from constructive criticism
- Must be well organized
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to multi-task
- Must demonstrate tact and diplomacy
- Basic to intermediate math skills
- Office skills: customer service, typing, clerical, computer, telephone
- A minimum of a high school education is required
- Minimum 1 year customer service and/or sales experience
- Professional appearance
- Reliable means of transportation
- Ability to be prompt and on time every day
- Bi-Lingual skills, knowledge of tax credit, fair housing laws, safety issues and / or a working knowledge of property management software such as YARDI, MRI, ONESITE, POP CARD, ON-SITE or YIELDSTAR are a PLUS
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma
- Recent Leasing Experience (at apartment communities preferred): within the last 7 years
- Availability: Flexible, with the ability to work weekends
- Professional appearance
- Ability to be prompt and on time everyday
- EXTRA CREDIT: knowledge of fair housing laws, experience with property management software such as Yardi, MRI, Onesite, Pop Card, on-site or Yieldstar.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.