Do you have at least 2 years of Collections experience at a financial institution?
- Are you skilled at providing outstanding member experiences?
- Would you like to work at a multi-faceted, dynamic organization that thrives on teamwork and collaboration?
If so, we’d love to talk with you about San Mateo Credit Union’s Financial Assistance Specialist Position!
Located in the heart of the Bay Area, San Mateo Credit Union is a community-centric and growth-orientated organization that is one of the most unique and special providers of financial products, services and education in the area. We recently surpassed $1 billion in assets and our future is bright with promise!
Responsible for the delinquent loans and loans worked in-house assigned to our vendor to assure quality and timeliness of collection work. Responsible for recommending final resolution of these accounts.
- Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- Initiates telephone contact on all 61 days +. Monitors all past due loans in these aging categories to assure receipt of payment;
- Follows-up on a daily basis on any promises that were not kept. Makes the necessary telephone contact as required;
- Maintains complete documentation of collection activity on our system and flags delinquent accounts as required;
- Responsible for recovery of all (RDI) and repossession referrals;
- Recommends repossessions for final review and approval;
- Makes appearances in Small Claim Court as required;
- Responsible for closing Visa line of credit based on member’s payment record;
- Monitors and recommends closing ATM cards to assist in collection activity;
- Reconcile member disputes i.e. misapplied payments, reversal of finance charges and late fees when it is deemed necessary;
- Recommends workout loans and extension agreements for final review and approval;;
- Initiates skip tracing techniques to locate member for recovery of security and legal action;
- Proficient in handling a teller drawer to process department requests and daily spreadsheets;
- Monitor the Risk Report to close available lines of credit as required (identify homeowners to cross-sell and gain new business);
- Responsible for collection related bills and collection agency communication;
- Responsible for repossession and bankruptcy follow-up;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Provides service that aligns with SMCU’s Culture2 philosophy: We improve people’s lives, we solve problems when others won’t and what’s best for you comes first for us.
WE OFFER FANTASTIC BENEFITS!
SMCU reflects the value placed on employees by providing the following impressive benefits in addition to competitive salary:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Long-Term Disability Insurances!
- 401(k) including generous matching contributions!
- Semi-annual bonuses for meeting key financial and operational goals!
- Discounts on financial products and services, including loans!
- Paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and much more!
- 1-2 years or more experience collecting on a wide variety of consumer loan products (financial institution a plus)
- Repossession experience preferred
- Has a very good “working knowledge” of the Fair Debt Collection Act and other state laws as required.
- Must be able to understand and execute instructions accurately and efficiently;
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and meet established goals;
- Must demonstrate flexibility, tactfulness and persistence in the daily follow-up of loan repayment;
- Excellent telephonic and organizational skills;
- Able to handle a high volume of work;
- Neat and professional appearance.
Apply Now for Consideration!
San Mateo Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.