Title: Registered Nurse (Home Care)
Department: Home Care & Hospice
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Director of Patient Care Services/Administrator
Summary: Provides skilled nursing assessment, planning and care in order to maximize the comfort and health of Home Care patients and families.
· Responsible for identifying patient and/or family needs and for providing supportive care (physical and emotional) in accordance with physician’s orders, plan of care, and Self-Help HomeCare & Hospice policies and procedures.
· Assumes responsibility for patient caseload, including the assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating phases of the nursing process. Monitors and revises the plan of care, as appropriate, to changing patient and family needs.
· Initiates communication with attending physician, Home Care team members, and other agencies as needed to coordinate optimal care and use of resources for the patient and/or family.
· Obtains data on physical, psychological, social and spiritual factors that may influence patient health status and incorporates that data into the plan of care.
· Maintains up-to-date patient records so that problems, plans, actions and goals are accurately and clearly stated and changes are reflected as they occur.
· Accepts responsibility for coordinating physical care of the patient by teaching patients, primary caregivers, volunteers, and employed caregivers, or by providing direct care as appropriate.
· Attends Interdisciplinary case conferences to facilitate discussion of issues relating to patient care in Home Care.
· Informs the Supervisor of unusual or potentially problematic patient and family issues.
· Supervises certified home health aides and documents their plan of care as required by Medicare home health and hospice COP’s and California Title 22.
· Participates in Self-Help Home Care & Hospice’s orientation and in-service training programs for professional staff, as well as quality assurance and performance improvement activities.
· Attends departmental meetings and participates in agency and community programs as requested to promote professional growth and understanding of home health and/or hospice care.
· Ensures SHE and SHHCH policies are followed in the performance of their duties.
· Maintains accurate and timely documentation of all care delivered and ensures compliance with local, state, federal statutes and regulations.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Current California Licensed Registered Nurse.
· Minimum one year professional nursing experience in home health, hospice, acute or sub-acute required.
· Ability to work both independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team.
· Current CPR certification.
· Must pass health screening for TB clearance, physical examination, and background check.
· Knowledgeable of OASIS.
· Bilingual in English and Cantonese. Mandarin & Toishanese a plus.
· Must be able to travel via public transportation or personal/department vehicle for performance of job duties. If driving, must have and maintain a valid CA driver license, satisfactory driving record, and auto insurance coverage as specified in Self-Help's policy.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.