Position: Occupational Therapist
Department: HomeCare & Hospice
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Director of Patient Care Services
Job Summary: Provides occupational therapy services to maximize the patient’s independence in activities of daily living by training them in motor, perceptual and cognitive skills.
1. Evaluates patient's functional level, muscle strength and coordination using functional, perceptual and neurological tests. Assists in developing and updating the plan of care.
2. Administers direct care, using various occupational therapy techniques and modalities.
3. Instructs patients and families in areas of activity of daily living, energy conservation, work simplification techniques and other areas of occupational therapy.
4. Communicates patient problems, therapy goals and interventions to patient’s physician, and other members of the HomeCare & Hospice teams.
5. Evaluates the home environment and make appropriate recommendations.
6. Participates in quality assurance and performance improvement activities, as necessary.
7. Attends departmental meetings, case conferences and/or patient interdisciplinary group meetings and participates in in-service training.
8. Informs the Supervisor of unusual or potentially problematic patient and family issues.
9. Participates in agency and community programs as requested to promote professional growth and understanding of home health and/or hospice care.
10. Maintains accurate and timely documentation of all care delivered and ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
11. Supervises Certified Home Health Aide, as necessary within his or her scope of practice.
12. Ensures SHE and SHHCH policies are followed in the performance of duties.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Licensed by the California Board of Occupational Therapy.
2. Experience in home health, public health, or acute care preferred.
3. Ability to work both independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team.
4. Bilingual in English and Cantonese. Mandarin a plus.
5. Current CPR Certification.
6. Must pass health screening for TB clearance, physical examination and background check.
7. Familiar with different patient transferring techniques. Must pass a strength test for physical fitness for the job: able to lift up to 40lbs from floor to waist level.
8. Must be able to travel via public transportation or personal/department vehicle for performance of job duties. If driving, must have and maintain a valid CA driver license, satisfactory driving record, and auto insurance coverage as specified in Self-Help's policy
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.