Title: Administrative Coordinator
Department: Nutrition and Senior Centers
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Office Manager
Job Summary: Provides administrative support to the department and substitutes for Center Coordinators as needed.
· Provides administrative support such as preparing letters, memoranda, reports, meeting minutes, documents for grant proposals, internal financial data and other administrative documents and correspondence.
· Serves as the primary point of administrative contact and liaison with other offices, individuals, and external institutions and agencies on a range of specified issues.
· Organizes and facilitates meetings, conferences, and other special events.
· Screens and evaluates incoming and outgoing correspondence and prepares responses as appropriate.
· Gathers, enters, and/or updates data to maintain departmental records and databases as appropriate; establishes and maintains files and records for the office.
· Coordinates and collects supporting documents and/or reports for monthly invoicing to funding sources.
· Develops and organizes electronic statistical records, supporting documents and client data; maintains electronic and hard copy filing systems.
· Assists in general bookkeeping for the department, including receipt and disbursement of daily cash or checks, maintenance of the general ledger and processing of petty cash.
· Serves as the back-up Center Coordinator and manages the operations of the center as needed.
· Preforms other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field, and one year of experience in office administration, financial administration or business management.
· Knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures.
· Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, organized and able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
· Must possess strong self-motivation and the ability to work as a team.
· Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
· Bilingual and bi-literate in English and Chinese.
· Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office Suite.
· Must be available to work weekends and evenings as needed.
· Must be able to travel via public transportation or personal vehicle for performance of job duties. If driving, must have and maintain a valid CA driver license, satisfactory driving record, and auto insurance coverage as specified in Self-Help’s policy.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.