Title: Community Service Manager
Department: Nutrition and Senior Centers
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Director
Summary: Responsible for the overall planning, development and coordination of activities and fundraising events, and the supervision of Program Assistants and volunteers.
· Plans, develops and coordinates a wide range of educational, health, wellness and recreational activities according to clients’ needs in the community.
· Plans, coordinates and implements special events and fundraising events of the department.
· Designs and develops program promotional materials and activity schedules.
· Monitors service quality and program effectiveness; ensures compliance with all relevant regulations and policies.
· Collects, tabulates and analyzes program data; compiles statistics and prepares monthly service reports and financial reports of activities as required.
· Recruits, trains and supervises all Program Assistants and volunteers; coordinates staff assignments and schedules.
· Coordinates and conducts Chronic Disease Self-Management Program (CDSMP) workshop
· Responsible for the maintenance of all program equipment and supplies.
· Remains current in the field of study by attending appropriate conferences, seminars, meetings or trainings in the field.
· Participates in staff meetings and other meetings as required.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in Recreation, Liberal Arts or a Human Services field; or college education with a minimum of three years of work experience in implementing social, recreational or educational activities with older adults.
· Must possess strong self-motivation and ability to work with elderly people of all socioeconomic backgrounds; experience in working with seniors strongly preferred.
· Excellent leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills.
· Must be bilingual and bi-literate in English and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin), and able to demonstrate cultural awareness.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office and the internet.
· Must be able to work weekends.
· Must pass health screening for TB clearance.
· Must obtain First Aid and CPR certificates by the end of the 3-month introductory period.
· Must have and maintain valid CA driver license, satisfactory driving record, and automobile insurance as specified in Self Help’s policy.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.