Title: Director of Nutrition and Senior Centers
Department: Nutrition and Senior Centers
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Director of Programs
Job Summary: Responsible for the overall program management, supervision and quality assurance for the agency’s senior center and programs in San Francisco.
1. Develops and oversees the department’s programs and services such as the Senior Nutrition Program, Home Delivered Meals Program, Transportation Program,
Community Services, Supplemental Food Program, and Wellness Programs.
2. Develops, implements and updates operational policies and procedures for the various programs as needed.
3. Develops annual goals and objectives for the various programs in the department; pre pares and presents annual program evaluation reports to the agency’s Board of Directors and/or Program Committee.
4. Collects, tabulates, and analyzes program data; prepares and submits program reports as required.
5. Develops annual budget; monitors revenues and expenditures, and revises budget as needed.
6. Negotiates and prepares contracts or memoranda of understanding with vendors and service
7. Plans and oversees the implementation of department fundraising events; assists in agency
8. Recruits, trains, supervises, and evaluates managers/coordinators, develops and implements
an in-service training program for staff and volunteers
9. Collaborates with the Director of Programs, Human Resources and Finance Departments to ensure compliance with agency policies and regulations; implements safety protocols to minimize Workers Compensation claims.
10. Develops outreach plans and strategies, and oversees the implementation of such by program staff.
11. Develops and administers client satisfaction surveys; analyzes data and implements corrective actions as necessary.
12. Plans and develops new programs as appropriate; develops grant proposals and responds to
RFPs as appropriate.
13. Represents the Department in liaising with funders and networking with other community organizations.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in nutrition, social work, human services, business administration or a
related field; master’s degree strongly preferred.
2. Five years of experience working with older adults in a senior center or social service setting, and three years of program administration/management experience required.
3. Must be bilingual in English and Cantonese.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
5. Strong leadership and good negotiation skills.
6. Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, organized and able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
7. Must be available to work evenings or weekends as needed.
8. Proficient in MS Office and the internet.
9. Must have and maintain a valid CA driver license, satisfactory driving record, and auto insurance coverage as specified in Self-Help’s policy.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.