Position: Accountant I
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Senior Accountant
Job Summary: Responsible for billing & reconciling TEAM & CHANGES and EVE Programs, assist in the monthly program billing, counting cash collections, making deposits and posting transactions accurately and completely.
1. Reviews, processes and reconciles the TEAM & CHANGES and EVE Programs billing including processing of check payments.
2. Review the monthly claims of the affiliated Community Based Organizations in comparison with the database.
3. Assist in the preparation of the monthly program billings including collating of supporting documents.
4. Ensures all transactions are recorded accurately in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and government funder regulations.
5. Assist in counting the daily cash collections for the Meal Programs.
6. Assist with daily cash/check collections using the bank’s electronic deposit system for the Operating Account.
7. Reconciles assigned bank accounts monthly.
8. Assists with the posting of cash/check collections as required.
9. Assists in the preparation of reports to the funder and regulatory agencies.
10. Assists in the preparation for the annual audit and funder’s audits as required.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field with at least two years of experience in accounting and financial statement preparation.
2. Experience in government contracting and funder accounting processes preferred.
3. Knowledge of non-profit GAAP and government funder regulations preferred.
4. Must be self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
6. Proficient in MS Office with emphasis on Excel and the internet.
7. Preferably with experience in using Great Plains Dynamics
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.