Position: Administrative Assistant
Department: Adult Day Services
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Reports To: Program Director
Summary: Responsible for handling receptionist and administrative duties for Adult Day Services, such as answering phones, processing mail, tracking attendance, and etc.
1. Handles all incoming phone calls and transfers to the appropriate staff member or takes messages as needed; greets and directs visitors to the appropriate staff member.
2. Processes incoming and outgoing mail; receives and signs for all incoming parcels and shipments from vendors and notifies the appropriate staff member.
3. Keeps track of changes in participants’ attendance and generates daily attendance sheets for staff; updates participants’ personal information and attendance schedule and distributes to appropriate staff members as needed.
4. Coordinates participants’ transportation to and from the program and keeps records of participants’ arrival and departure times; generates daily transportation reports reflecting ride times and issues.
5. Coordinates the Lyft Program from record keeping to day to day operations.
6. Prepares forms for initial, quarterly and 6-month assessments and Treatment Authorization Requests.
7. Sets up and oversees the collection of data/documents necessary to complete staff’s personnel files; ensures that staff’s professional licenses and certificates in the personnel files are up to date
8. Assists program staff with Chinese typesetting (e.g., flyers) as needed.
9. Participates in meetings and in-service training as assigned.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. High school graduate with at least one year of receptionist and/or office administrative experience.
2. Demonstrated business telephone skills, pleasant telephone manner and excellent communication skills.
3. Great attention to details, good organizational skills and ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
4. Proficient in MS Office, Chinese Word Processing, and the internet.
5. Bilingual in English and Cantonese.
6. Able to lift, push and pull boxes up to 50lbs.
7. Must have TB clearance within 12 months prior employment and maintain clearance annually thereafter.
Self-Help for the Elderly is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmation Action Employer and we welcome diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law. We participate in E-Verify.
Qualified applicants with criminal history will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We may provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (415) 677-7600 for special assistance.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.