Do you have at least 2 years of lending experience at a financial institution?
- Are you skilled at cross-servicing and providing outstanding member experiences?
- Would you like to work at a multi-faceted, dynamic organization that thrives on teamwork and collaboration?
If so, we’d love to talk with you about San Mateo Credit Union’s Indirect Lending Specialist Position!
Located in the heart of the Bay Area, San Mateo Credit Union is a community-centric and growth-orientated organization that is one of the most unique and special providers of financial products, services and education in the area. We recently surpassed $1 billion in assets and our future is bright with promise!
This position is responsible for processing incoming indirect lending applications, ensuring the completeness and accuracy of information of all membership and loan applications, cross-selling additional products and services, as appropriate. In addition, provides clerical and report generation support the indirect lending processes and assists in the auditing of loan documentation and new membership applications.
- Responsible for dealer loan file processing, ensuring that all required documentation has been completed and received from the dealership.
- Entering all loan documentation is organized and maintained, and that incoming vehicle loan file information is accurately entered into the lending system.
- Manages the Lending 360 queue of loan applications and follows up with dealers, branch staff and members on incomplete applications.
- Completes new member “Welcome” calls.
- Meets production, cross-servicing and loan quality goals on each member loan request.
- Responsible for monitoring and responding to dealer correspondence: dealer hotline, voicemail, faxes, emails, smart funds, and payoffs.
- Assist with the daily funding of loans and funding reports.
- Completes daily audits of the loan files and maintains the car sale yield report.
- Assists with ACH payment setup and follow up.
- Performs various support functions within the Consumer Lending department, including projects assigned by Management to facilitate the operations of the department.
- Follows all appropriate policies and procedures and management directives related to the Consumer Lending Department.
- Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
WE OFFER FANTASTIC BENEFITS!
SMCU reflects the value placed on employees by providing the following impressive benefits in addition to competitive salary:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Long-Term Disability Insurances!
- 401(k) including generous matching contributions!
- Semi-annual bonuses for meeting key financial and operational goals!
- Discounts on financial products and services, including loans!
- Paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and much more!
- A minimum of two years in the lending or new accounts area (consumer or auto loans) of a financial institution. Some college background is desirable.
- Must have a knowledge of credit fundamentals and of financial products and services
- Must be organized with an ability to prioritize tasks, handle a high volume of work, and complete assignments in a fast-paced, independent manner
- Must have a high degree of accuracy, as well as strong analytical and cross-servicing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external members, and to effectively problem solve member issues
- Excellent telephone and people skills required
- Must have knowledge of PC windows-based programs (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Familiarity with CUDL 360 and Meridian Link-Loans PQ software systems a plus
Apply Now for Consideration!
San Mateo Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.