Would you like to work at a collaborative organization that thrives on providing outstanding member service both internally and externally?
- Are you looking for your next career move?
If so, we’d love to talk with you about San Mateo Credit Union’s Financial Services Representative Position!
Located in the heart of the Bay Area, San Mateo Credit Union is a community-centric and growth-orientated organization that is one of the most unique and special providers of financial products, services and education in the area. We recently surpassed $1 billion in assets and are experiencing record-breaking performance results. Our future is bright with promise!
Performs assigned cash handling duties associated with the processing of member transactions and inquiries. Responsible for accurate and efficient member service on the Teller line inclusive of the following transactions: deposits, withdrawals, cashing checks, posting loan payments, selling negotiable items, and receiving and disbursing cash. Serves as a primary source to handle member inquires, requests or processing of new transactions, including new membership accounts. Knowledgeable of all Credit Union products and services with the ability to discuss features and benefits with members.
- Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control;
- Provides members with a variety of member transactions. Renders prompt, courteous and friendly member service;
- Solely responsible for the security and balancing of assigned cash reserves and negotiable items at all times. Maintains cash levels, key controls and dual controls in accordance with Credit Union policy;
- Maintains control of assigned keys, and assists with dual custody controls as needed;
- Provides general information and instruction to the membership regarding credit union products, services and policies. Cross-services all products and services;
- May open new membership, checking, money market, investment certificate, IRA, Trust, Uniformed Transfer to Minor Accounts, and may carries out requests on deceased accounts and fraud situations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Provides service that aligns with SMCU’s Culture2 philosophy: We improve people’s lives, we solve problems when others won’t and what’s best for you comes first for us.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to accommodate individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of the job, employee may be required to use frequent physical activities include sitting, standing, reaching, walking, talking, bending, and constant use of hands.
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Employee must occasionally work before/after the regular work shift
- These activities are not necessarily performed to the same degree and combination every day.
SMCU reflects the value placed on employees by providing the following impressive benefits in addition to competitive salary:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Long-Term Disability Insurances!
- 401(k) including generous matching contributions!
- Semi-annual bonuses for meeting key financial and operational goals!
- Discounts on financial products and services, including loans!
- Paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and much more!
Apply Now for Consideration!
San Mateo Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Some cash handling experience required; minimum six months experience as a teller or one-year experience in financial institution preferred;
- Excellent member service skills are mandatory;
- Basic knowledge of financial products and services required;
- Possess strong organization, analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills;
- Possess strong cross-servicing skills;
- Provide high levels of thoroughness and accuracy;
- Must be proficient in the use of a PC with Windows-based programs.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.