At Geometrics, we manufacture highly precise scientific instruments to measure properties of the Earth’s sub-surface. Our instruments are used outdoors in the harshest of conditions and provide quality data to our customers, enabling them to solve complex problems in environmental sciences, natural resource exploration and infrastructure development. Our R&D team is a diverse and dynamic group of scientists, engineers, geophysicists and technologists working hard to design real-life solutions to earth and subsurface physics problems.
Our customers continually challenge us to develop easier-to-use instruments that take them closer to their solutions through better precision in measurements that can be recorded in wider range of environmental conditions. Geometrics is focused on meeting these challenges using emerging technologies such as autonomous platforms, cloud computing, IoT, and machine learning to provide innovative solutions.
- An Engineer who embraces challenges
- Great at working within experienced cross-disciplinary teams
- Passionate about enabling hardware through innovative software approaches
- Comfortable with design thinking approach to solving complex problems
- Dream to understand the nature and the environment we live in
- Value variety in the types of problems you work on
- Build and maintain performance software applications upon instrumentation hardware to provide an intuitive user experience to our customers
- Develop production code, primarily in Java, C, C++ and/or C#
- Participate in system design and architectures for various data acquisition instruments to develop customer-centric solutions
- Prioritize and deliver robust, quality software applications in timely manner
- Test, debug and fix software with hardware in loop
- Provide feedback to hardware designers to improve functionality, usability and performance of our instruments
- Write and maintain build and release documentation
- Follow and improve software engineering best practices at Geometrics, including Source Code Management, DevOps and Release Process
- BS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Electrical Engineer with 5 years’ industry-relevant experience or MS in CS/CE/EE with 2 years’ industry-relevant experience
- Native familiarity with Java, C, C++, and/or C#
- Experience in developing hardware-interfacing software solutions
- Well versed in object oriented thought processes, standard algorithms and structures, and their typical use cases
- Experience with formal software development processes in requirements analysis, SCM, DevOps, software release, and maintenance
- Self-driven problem solver with initiative to recognize and accept challenges
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to collaborate with cross functional teams
- Experience in developing full-stack solutions in the IoT paradigm from hardware device driver level to data management in the cloud and graphical user interfaces
- Experience in developing fault-tolerant software over distributed and heterogonous architecture
- Experience in developing embedded software using RTOS or embedded Linux
- Developing software for the Android platform
- Familiarity with Python, Git, SVN and JIRA
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org, include your name and SW19 in the subject line. At this time, Geometrics is not able to sponsor applicants for work visas.
Geometrics is an EEO/AA Employer. Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories are encouraged to apply.
This position requires access to export-controlled information and employment is contingent on obtaining U.S. Government export control authorization, to the extent required by law
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.