Software Engineer V – Agile Experience needed!
Johnson Service Group is seeking to fill a 6-month contract position.
- Microservice design and implementation experience required.
- Experience with WebAPI and .NET services desired.
- Understanding of design patterns and anti-patterns
- Experience with RabbitMQ or similar is a plus
- Experience with Angular 2+ and TypeScript is a plus
- Strong knowledge of agile development (especially Scrum and/or Kanban) and Software Development Lifecycle as it relates to Software Architecture
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Complete understanding of the software and infrastructure development processes and applicability
• Understanding of industry best practices and process associated with software architecture
- Understands the drivers and requirements of the business and translates those into technology solutions
- Mentoring and coaching of Software Engineers
- Designs and develops architecture (which includes integrated process, applications, data, infrastructure, and technology) solutions to business problems in alignment with the enterprise architecture and business’s direction and standards
- Evaluates and advises on the selection, use, and development of technology frameworks
- Performs technical planning, architecture direction, and standards.
- Recommends key metrics to measure the quality of the code base
- Manages the Technical Debt backlog and creates projects to improve the health of the code base based on area of ownership
- Recommends improvements to the software delivery cycle to help remove waste and impediments for the team
- May work within the team to build product deliverables based on overall architecture direction
- Understands the broader context of the technology vision, considering the overall interaction between components as well as the applicability of the technology within the problem domain
- Collaborates with engineers and stakeholders to select appropriate design solutions to ensure the compatibility of one or more system component
- Develops proposals related to integrating multiple architecture domains (i.e., process, application, data, infrastructure
- Designs technical solutions independently, often requiring nonlinear analysis, such as charting decision trees and tracking multiple interdependencies
- Aligns business requirements with technology choices across multiple products/projects and advises management about trade-offs that may impact schedules
- Monitors current and future trends, technology and information that will affect organizational projects. Proposes recommendations on technology changes.
- Serves as an advocate to stakeholders across various business functions (e.g., sales, engineering, marketing), advising on a range of topics from tactical day-to-day issues to broader, strategic technology initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree with 12+years in software engineering and/or software architecture OR Master’s degree with 8+ years in software engineering and/or software architecture
- Experience working in an Agile environment
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.