- Responsible in overseeing production to support all current business and to support new business as it comes in.
- Establish and review budgets. Manage P&L according to the forecast.
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, procedures and manage daily operations. Plan and track productivity and quality to support customers’ requirement and drive for improvement.
- Manage staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties.
- Determine staffing requirements and interview, hire and train new employees or oversee those processes.
- Ensure customer requirements and expectations have been accurately identified and that the organization is meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
- Interact with customers’ technical and test engineers to understand technical requirements to help our team with test, repair, debug or new products transfers.
- Responsible for total quality system in the San Jose operation.
- Monitor and advise on the performance of the quality management system, produce data and report on performance, measuring against set standards.
- Liaise with other managers and staff throughout the organization to ensure that the quality management system is functioning properly. Where appropriate, advise on changes and implementation, and provide training, tools and techniques to enable others to achieve quality standards.
- Work with the team in San Jose and the Matamoros quality team to prepare documentation, training and other items required to get and maintain the TL9000 certification for the San Jose Operation.
- Support the San Jose operation with CTPAT or any other requirement by customers to retain existing business and win additional business.
- Research new technologies and alternative methods of efficiency.
- Plan for and control change.
- Direct and coordinate activities of businesses or departments concerned with the production, pricing, sales, and/or distribution of products and support technical/labor quoting for new business.
- Oversee inventory in production and coordinate with the Materials team to support any logistics service as required.
- Work with materials/purchasing staff to comply with the establish quality requirements defined by the Company and external suppliers.
- Set standards for quality as well as health and safety, coordinating with HR.
- Ensure manufacturing and production processes meet international and national standards.
- Look for ways to reduce waste and increase efficiency.
- Set up and maintain controls and documentation procedures
- Collate and analyze performance data against defined parameters. Review and implement technical and management system reports as required.
- Comply with agency, customer and corporate guidelines and procedures.
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- BA or BS required
- 5+ years in an Operations Management role
- Managing direct labor on the production floor, quality management, warehouse and fulfillment experience preferred
- Working knowledge of TL9000 or ISO9001 procedures and experience in the certification process
- Experience in managing KPIs that focus on quality, delivery and cost
- Experience in implementing and controlling the production schedule to support customer requirements
- Preferred industry – Fulfillment, Electronic Repair/Refurbishment, EMS (Contract Manufacturing)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.