Support research staff efforts by installing, configuring, and maintaining computer systems. Working with a team of Sr. Engineers & Researchers to address complex customer problems to include developing scripts, writing code, and testing software. Install and support additional application software, advise and support users. Document, monitor, and maintain the security configuration of supported systems. Needs Active TS Security Clearance.
- BS in Computer Science / Computer Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Requires Active TS Security Clearance
- Experience with Linux and Windows administration and support required
- Experience with Macintosh administration and support a strong positive
- Experience with puppet machine provisioning a strong positive
- Experience with support and integration of mixed Unix/PC environments a strong positive.
- Strong communication and interpersonal team skills
- Strong language experience: Bash, MS Power Shell, Java, or Perl
- Experience with scripting and virtual machines (VMware)
- Experience working on multiple projects in a fast pace environment
- Experience with state-of-the-art version control, build, package and test management, both for frontend UI and backend software development (i.e. Git or Maven) is a plus
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.