Do you have at least 3 years of auditing or compliance related experience?
Are you great at identifying gaps or inconsistencies in information or processes?
Would you like to work at a multi-faceted, dynamic organization that thrives on teamwork and collaboration?
If so, we’d love to talk with you about San Mateo Credit Union’s Senior Auditor Position!
Located in the heart of the Bay Area, San Mateo Credit Union is a community-centric and growth-orientated organization that is one of the most unique and special providers of financial products, services and education in the area. We recently surpassed $1 billion in assets and our future is bright with promise!
Under the supervision of the V.P. of Risk & Compliance, assists with the Internal Audit, Quality Control Reviews and Business Continuity Program functions of the Risk & Compliance department. Reports findings and recommendations to management including follow-up processes to ensure agreed-upon remedial action is completed. The position executes auditing, evaluates and analyzes required reports and transaction activities to assure the delivery of accurate quality service is consistent with Credit Union policies, standards and expectations.
- Assists the V.P. of Risk & Compliance with the ongoing Enterprise-Wide Risk Assessment and creation of the annualized audit planning;
- Conduct audits scheduled on the annualized audit schedule creating work papers to support audit testing and results, methods used and conclusions;
- Responsible for interviewing staff as needed to obtain relevant information to complete assignments;
- Maintains the Internal & External Audit Follow-up Report and administers frequent communication to management on status reports with periodic posting for Board and Supervisory Committee review;
- Business Continuity Program (BCP) administration – as BCP Coordinator, administers the BCP maintenance cycle (updates, risk assessment, business impact analysis, testing) and documents an annual summary of activities for each BCP cycle. Acts as liaison for all BCP Department Champions and maintains software updates and assists employees with the BCP maintenance updates;
- Continually analyze process and workflows and suggest improvements while conducting internal audits
- Manage the quality control reviews and continually review the review scope and frequencies for risk mitigation and cost/benefit;
- Recommends improvements, action or changes to processes to increase efficiency, improve quality service, and reduce the likelihood of posting errors;
- Creates documented procedures for internal audit and quality control assurance testing and maintains the evolving Internal Control Questionnaire (testing procedure) for routine auditing;
- Responsible for any other duties as assigned;
- Provides service that aligns with SMCU’s Culture2 philosophy: We improve people’s lives, we solve problems when others won’t and what’s best for you comes first for us.
- Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control;
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to accommodate individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of the job, employee may be required to use frequent physical activities include sitting, standing, reaching, walking, talking, bending, and constant use of hands.
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
- Employee must occasionally work before/after the regular work shift
- These activities are not necessarily performed to the same degree and combination every day.
SMCU reflects the value placed on employees by providing the following impressive benefits in addition to competitive salary:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Long-Term Disability Insurances!
- 401(k) including generous matching contributions!
- Semi-annual bonuses for meeting key financial and operational goals!
- Discounts on financial products and services, including loans!
- Paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and much more!
Apply Now for Consideration!
San Mateo Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred plus a minimum of three years of experience with auditing, compliance or a related role. Experience in financial services preferred;
- Knowledgeable of automated systems;
- Proficient in writing skills to effectively administer audit reports, findings, recommendations and communicate objectives of department functions to staff and management;
- Must possess strong analytical and computer skills, excellent attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to work with individuals in various capacities and maintain excellent people skills;
- Must be inquisitive, have excellent research skills, and the ability to evaluate and investigate unusual activity, identify gaps or inconsistencies in information, processes, policies;
- Must be able to work independently and can learn new tasks quickly.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.