Would you like to work at a multi-faceted, dynamic organization that thrives on teamwork and collaboration?
- Do you have knowledge in SQL, SSIS and SSRS?
- Do you like to design, script, code and debug reports and applications?
- Do you have experience with banking development tools such as PowerOn and OpCon?
If so, we’d love to talk with you about San Mateo Credit Union’s IS Programmer Position!
Located in the heart of the Bay Area, San Mateo Credit Union is a community-centric and growth-orientated organization that is one of the most unique and special providers of financial products, services and education in the area. We recently surpassed $1 billion in assets and our future is bright with promise!
Takes part in planning, developing, testing and documenting programming projects and works with credit union staff to develop programs that provide automation. Programming development will include customized core banking database solutions. Responsible for providing high-level data analytics services, technical support and programming Core systems and applications. Provides technical guidance to the Information Services staff members involved in the day-to-day support of the Core banking system and any third-party applications and interfaces.
- Collects, analyzes, and interprets data in preparation for analytical reports
- Identifies, researches, debugs and resolves data issues
- Performs data warehouse administrative functions and support
- Creates and modifies programs to run on our core transaction processing system
- Completes programming for applications and banking industry database systems
- Codes, designs, and debugs applications by using standard scripting and object-oriented programming tools
- Maximizes the quality and usability of data warehouse information through the application of standardized business rules
- Integrates disparate internal and external information data resources
- Provides technical support for assigned programs and interfaces
- Employs project management tools and methodologies in completion of assigned projects and initiatives
- Participates on project teams, providing programming and system analysis support
- Drafts and recommends programming requirements for business needs
- Continually reviews core processing enhancements for possible implementation into code
- Facilitates discussions with data warehouse end-users to capture their decision support requirements, anticipates future reporting needs and opportunities and identify solutions.
- Makes recommendations to the data warehouse project team and drives the creation of functional specifications.
- Oversees code and library documentation of existing and new codebase
- Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control
WE OFFER FANTASTIC BENEFITS!
SMCU reflects the value placed on employees by providing the following impressive benefits in addition to competitive salary:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Long-Term Disability Insurances!
- 401(k) including generous matching contributions!
- Semi-annual bonuses for meeting key financial and operational goals!
- Discounts on financial products and services, including loans!
- Paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and much more!
- Knowledge of structured query languages used in programming reports and scripts for the core systems database
- Advanced knowledge of structured query programming languages and general coding concepts
- Skills in data driven systems such as SQL, SSIS and SSRS
- Knowledge of SDLC, including revision and source control to optimize deployment
- Microsoft Office skills including MS Access, MS Excel, MS SQL Server 2016
- Knowledge of Symitar Episys and Crystal Reports Applications
- Strong problem-solving skills with an analytical, quantitative, detail-oriented mindset
- Strong written, presentation, and oral communication skills
- Ability to gather and analyze statistical data, generate ad hoc SQL statements and reports.
- Manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects accurately and promptly
Apply Now for Consideration!
San Mateo Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.