Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design products according to established company product design rules and GD&T standards
- When custom creations and/or departures from the standard product system rules are needed, the designer must be capable of creating parts that adhere to general good DFM/DFA practices
- Monitor project schedule deadlines and manage a list of multiple projects simultaneously from initial customer contact to first article inspection
- Interact directly with the customer to collect design input information, send and receive documents for approval, and in general be skilled in professional-level customer service communications and technical discussions both over the phone, via email and/or over the internet in web meetings
- Understand the technical capabilities and available options for existing product systems so that the designer may talk knowledgably about the product with customers, and later configure/design the product correctly within established system rules
- Be responsible and driven such that the designer can successfully resolve issues and assigned tasks with only general high-level instructions from the manager
- Interact with product system owners and the applications engineer department as needed where direct oversight and direction is necessary and/or required by internal processes
- Be capable of writing technical documents in English at an engineering level
- Use SolidWorks on a daily basis to create models, drawings and BOM’s. Capability and speed is critical, especially in all standard SolidWorks functions and features such as assemblies, configuration, mates, and general good modeling practices. Basic capability in FEA is required, including structural and CFD analysis
- Interact with company Enterprise Resource Planning software to create part numbers, communicate project status, and various other complex functions.
- Quickly and accurately create SolidWorks models and drawings from supplied reference examples. Attention to detail combined with efficiency and speed is critical
- Quickly and accurately perform Engineering Change Orders (ECO’s)
Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualification Requirement:
- Candidate must have a minimum of a BS in Mechanical Engineering or closely related field.
- 2+ years of professional CAD experience minimum. SolidWorks is preferred.
- Functional level of knowledge and operational capability with SolidWorks simulation is needed.
- 2+ years of daily professional experience as a Mechanical Engineer.
- Prior experience with engineering-level technical writing.
- 2+ years of project management experience.
- 2+ years of customer service communication experience at a high responsibility-level.
- He/she must be capable of understanding mechanism design, dimensioning complex geometry, measurement standards, and have a general understanding of force deflection, materials science, thermodynamics, refrigeration and heat transfer.
- The candidate must have very good oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Enthusiasm is highly valued, as is the ability to adapt quickly in a dynamic and demanding work environment.
- Candidate should be self-started, disciplined and willing to work with a flexible work schedule.
- Strong preference of prior experience in semiconductor industry.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.