Coast Personnel Services is looking for a Warehouse Lead for our client located in South San Jose they are an Electronics Manufacturing Company.
1. Lead/direct the stockroom and shipping/receiving team, schedule and assign employees and follow up on work results to ensure completion on their assigned tasks.
2. Ensure the timely and accurate receiving sand processing of all incoming product, materials and returns is performed according to established Standard Operating Procedures and in compliance to all ISO standards.
3. Ensure that all down-stocking is performed weekly, or more frequent as needed, to support the company FIFO policy.
4. Ensure that the “order queue” is accessed regularly and the printed picks are prioritized and recorded and picked.
5. Ensure that the picks are processed accurately and in a timely manner and transported to the packing station/area (FIN1)
6. Ensure that the orders are packed using established procedures to eliminate shipping errors and damage in transit.
7. Ensure the accurate computer generated pack lists are printed and matched/affixed to the respective orders prior to conveyance to the manifest station.
8. Develop subordinates to insure maximum utilization of skills are achievement of objectives.
9. Maintain procedures, equipment and facilities to insure a safe, clean, organized work environment and secure inventory.
10. Ensure the thorough training/cross-training of all personnel.
11. Ensure the timely and adequate supply of material handling supplies.
12. Maintain records of goods and products shipped and records of receiving and shipping logs.
13. Coordinate work schedules.
14. Comply with agency and corporate guidelines and procedures.
15. Perform additional duties as assigned.
The work environment is that of a warehouse setting, with fluctuations in temperature throughout the year. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
A. Education: GED or High School diploma required.
B. Experience: Must have minimum of 5 years + shipping/receiving and stockroom experience. Prefer previous
Lead experience. Must have knowledge of Standard Operating Procedures and receiving, picking, packing and shipping of product as well as support documentation, order entry processing related to receiving and inventory adjustments, and general warehouse operations. Experience in Customs Invoice creation for international shipments a plus. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The Requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required.
Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and MS Word. Must have the ability to run reports from the system, and provide a summary to the management on a daily basis.
Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
Ability to apply concepts of basic mathematics.
Must show good judgement, initiative and be proactive.
Must be able to lift up to 70lbs. Material Handling equipment is available to transport/convey loads heavier than 30lbs as needed/required. Must be able to stand for extended period of times.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.