As a company leading the change in a static industry, we’re looking for smart entrepreneurial people that aren’t afraid to push harder than they ever have. We welcome new ideas that are focused on bettering our business, empowering our customers and impacting lives because at the end of the day, that’s why we exist.
AdaptHealth is a premier full-service HME company in the United States – offering a full-scope of cost-efficient HME and respiratory care products and services that aim to keep patients comfortable and thriving in their own homes. We have a relentless commitment to using innovation to transform the HME industry, break the status quo and provide the best quality care.
About the Opportunity:
We are looking to fill the position of Medical Equipment Technician. The Medical Equipment Technician is responsible for ensuring safe delivery, providing setup, and education in usage of home medical equipment for our customers. Setup is done in their home or long-term care setting.
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of current HME products and services offered by the company and all applicable governmental regulations.
- Comply with all applicable company policies and procedures.
- Manage territory to reach service goals and deliver equipment including oxygen as required in accordance with industry standards.
- Educate customers in proper use and care of respiratory and HME equipment in a home setting.
- Complete written patient visit reports following setup and follow-up visits as required.
- Assist with customer equipment problems under emergency conditions.
- Process all orders in a timely, accurate manner.
- Promote services and products to referral sources in the community as appropriate.
- Develop basic reimbursement knowledge and completely document all information necessary to ensure reimbursement for all appropriate equipment, products and services.
- Assist with implementation of quality improvement program to meet company policies.
- Maintain home oxygen systems through regularly scheduled visits to customers.
- Assume on-call responsibilities during non-business hours in accordance with company policy.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance and simple repairs on equipment as required in accordance with company policies.
- Report equipment hazards and/or product incidents as required in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Participate in educational programs as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Language: (Basic/Intermediate) Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the company
- Math: (Minimum) Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance
- Reasoning: (Intermediate) Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Computer Skills: Ability to learn basic use of inventory software
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Prior durable Medical Equipment field experience preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
AdaptHealth offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with the market and candidate’s experience. We have a comprehensive benefit offering with National providers.
AdaptHealth is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ancestry, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veteran’s status, or any other basis protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.