Do you have the ability to help motivate and develop a team to exceed service expectations?
- Would you like to work at a collaborative organization that thrives on providing outstanding member service both internally and externally?
- Are you an experienced Teller with 3 years of experience looking for your next career move?
If so, we’d love to talk with you about San Mateo Credit Union’s Lead Financial Services Representative Position!
Located in the heart of the Bay Area, San Mateo Credit Union is a community-centric and growth-orientated organization that is one of the most unique and special providers of financial products, services and education in the area. We recently surpassed $1 billion in assets and are experiencing record-breaking performance results. Our future is bright with promise!
Responsible to perform a wide variety of complex duties. Provides working leadership and guidance to all Financial Services Representatives through assignment of duties, scheduling, and coordination. Renders technical support, while checking on progress and reviewing results. Provides primary training to tellers, acts as Department Lead and in the capacity of Supervisor in his/her absence.
- Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control
- Provides leadership and support to Teller staff in the handling of all member transactions. Trains new and existing employees in proper procedures, emphasizing the importance of WOW! Service Standards
- Renders prompt, courteous and friendly member service. Handles complex member questions, complaints, transactions and errors, making adjustments accordingly. Carries out the member service standards with each member, and ensures that the Tellers are doing the same.
- Encourages the cross-servicing efforts of the Teller line to ensure assigned goals are met
- Be a champion on driving low value transactions from the teller line to our remote channels, ATMs, home banking and mobile app.
- Performs monthly audits and reports all Operational deficiencies to the Operations Supervisor/Branch Manager immediately
- Ensures that the security and controls of the Operations Department are maintained in accordance to the Credit Union’s policies and limits
- Assists with personnel issues, such as feedback on employee performance, the disciplinary process, the preparation and dissemination of staff appraisals, and the application and interview process for potential Tellers
- Opens a teller window and runs a cash drawer, as necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor
- Provides service that aligns with SMCU’s Culture2 philosophy: We improve people’s lives, we solve problems when others won’t and what’s best for you comes first for us
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to accommodate individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of the job, employee may be required to use frequent physical activities include sitting, standing, reaching, walking, talking, bending, and constant use of hands.
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Employee must occasionally work before/after the regular work shift
- These activities are not necessarily performed to the same degree and combination every day.
SMCU reflects the value placed on employees by providing the following impressive benefits in addition to competitive salary:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Long-Term Disability Insurances!
- 401(k) including generous matching contributions!
- Semi-annual bonuses for meeting key financial and operational goals!
- Discounts on financial products and services, including loans!
- Paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and much more!
Apply Now for Consideration!
San Mateo Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Have minimum of 3 years as a teller with a financial institution with 1 year as head teller, lead or Supervisor;
- Possess a broad knowledge of financial products and services. Some college background desirable (emphasis on business courses preferable);
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills are a must;
- Dependable, punctual and bondable;
- Must be highly organized and have the ability to devote attention to multiple tasks;
- Excellent member service skills are mandatory. Accurate in handling cash and recording daily transactions. Hands on experience with on-line computer systems;
- Must possess strong leadership skills in guiding and directing the staff;
- Must demonstrate flexibility in taking advantage of internal and external resources available.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.