GreenCitizen, a green electronic recycling company in the San Francisco Bay Area, is looking for an experienced Sr. Warehouse and Logistic lead who is a strong individual contributor and can grow within the company to become a lead, assistant manager, or manager. Our EcoCenter is a tightly-packed, high-traffic warehouse with staff that travels throughout the Bay Area for business pickups. Currently operating out of a small hub in Burlingame, GreenCitizen's long-term goal is expanding operations to major metropolitan areas throughout the U.S., with the immediate goal of expanding to Los Angeles.
Do you have...
- A proven track record as a strong individual contributor in a team environment?
- A history of informal leadership roles in previous jobs?
- The talent, strong work ethic, and professional maturity to grow into an assistant manager or manager position?
- Experience with business delivery and pick-up logistics scheduling in the San Francisco Bay Area?
- The temperament to be a great team player?
- Compassion for your team members and willingness to train and mentor their professional growth?
- The desire to join a company with friendly staff that works well together?
If yes, we'd like to hear from you.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- A passion for protecting the environment
- Hands-on team player
- Strong warehouse staff management skills
- Truck driving experience
- Strong scheduling skills for combining pick-up and delivery schedules that minimize travel time and maximize staff productivity
- Strong team skills for working with staff in other departments
- Past direct supervisor references
- Excellent customer interaction skills
- Reliable and consistent performer with excellent attention to detail
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, and ability to manage dedicated warehouse and logistics staff
- Not just work hard but work smart and be a role model to the team
- Capable of lifting heavy objects up to 70 pounds
- Able to pass a drug test and background check
- A valid California driver's license and a clean DMV printout
Qualifications That Would Be a Plus:
- Ability to plan staff activities and other resources for maximum efficiency (nothing wasted for putting-out-fire situations)
- Familiar with San Francisco Financial District delivery/pickup
- Forklift certification and experience
- Veteran or has served in the reserve
- Work with a team of 10 warehouse/logistics staff doing pickups from SF Bay Area businesses, as well as sorting and tracking electronics recycling.
- Conduct recyclables pickups at businesses and residences.
- Survey significant pickup sites ahead of schedule to achieve maximum efficiency with staff and resources.
- On short-staff days, be able to make pickups from businesses in downtown SF as well as businesses and residences around the Bay Area.
- Move, weigh, and log incoming materials at the warehouse.
- Sort materials into bins or pallets.
- Weigh and log out all outbound material shipments.
- Prepare and complete bills of lading and shipping lists.
- Use equipment to move materials onto trucks.
- Support other EcoCenter staff in greeting customers and accepting recyclable drop-offs as needed.
- Support other EcoCenter staff in answering phone calls as needed.
How to apply:
Please email a cover letter along with your resume and salary requirement, and write in the subject line " Novaworks: Sr. Warehouse and Logistic Staff/Lead/Manager June 2019".
GreenCitizen is an equal opportunity employer and operates a drug-free work environment. We welcome veterans to apply to this position. Must have direct supervisor references to be considered, and must pass a background check.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.