Academy of Art University is currently hiring for a Campus Safety Patrol Officer who will work within a team that is vital to the safety of our blended student, faculty and staff population within our many building locations in San Francisco. This person will need to possess strong communication and customer service skills, ability to exercise good judgement and be comfortable driving city streets in San Francisco.
- Patrols each campus building and responds to calls for service as needed
- Documents patrol and shift activities on a daily basis
- Opens and closes buildings per hours of operation as directed
- Gives breaks to Campus Hosts and security guards
- Investigates crimes and incidents reported by student, staff and faculty members as needed as well as complete detailed written investigative reports
- Maintains a clean vehicle and reports all vehicle maintenance issues
- Enhances the Safety and Security of the students and staff of the University
- Reports all building maintenance issues to the appropriate departments
- Provides escorts as needed and directed
- Maintains strong knowledge of the campus both Academic and Dormitories buildings, as well as AAU collateral and communicates information to visitors, students, faculty, and staff members
- Assists with special event coverage
- Operate Academy and/or rental vehicle(s) in the course of completing the above-referenced job duties and observe all applicable federal and state motor vehicle laws
- Maintain valid California driver’s license and insurability under AAU carrier
- Must be able to provide current and valid CA Guard Card.
- Must be able to provide current and valid DMV Record.
- 2-5 years experience in Law Enforcement or related field preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to use sound judgement and tact in difficult situations
- Our patrol officers work a 4/10 hour schedule (4 days per week, 10 hours per shift).
- This is a Full-time position with the following available schedule(s) – Graveyard Shift (9:00pm – 7:30am): Sat & Sun required plus 2 weekday shifts
Academy of Art University offers full-time employees health insurance, 401k options, paid vacation based on years of service, paid holidays, paid sick leave and a commuter benefit program. The Academy also offers full-time employees an opportunity to take one undergraduate course tuition free each semester. We also have a swimming pool with multiple lanes, two fitness centers and many recreational programs that you are welcome to benefit from throughout the year.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.