Academy of Art University is seeking a Mac Support Specialist, Level 2, to facilitate the daily technology needs of our faculty and student population. In this role, the Mac Support Specialist will work with a collaborative IT team to deliver solutions for Mac-specific end users throughout the University.
What You Will Achieve:
- Excellent customer service skills by providing a high volume of Mac-related hardware and software support remotely, onsite or by telephone.
- Quality and control standards by assisting with the deployment of needed technology and install and configure related hardware and software University-wide.
- Serve as Mac information resource to internal staff and speak specifically to the needs of each end user.
- Successfully complete the Apple Service Fundamentals Qualification and relevant Apple product qualifications in order to perform repairs on Apple equipment.
- Solid knowledge and use of the University's internal ticketing system which manages open Mac tickets. This program will enable you to create, route and resolve tickets accordingly.
- Enhance your inventory management skills by maintaining records of all Apple equipment and other technology assets.
- Ensure established security measures are achieved by locking down hardware during deployments and after installation.
What You Will Bring to the Team:
- Multi-year personal use of and experience with OSX and iOS
- Minimum 1-year experience in Apple systems support in an enterprise or education environment
- Excellent communication skills. Be able to complete intake of issues and provide guidance to all levels of end users.
- Be able to anticipate changes and prioritize tasks to meet daily objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. Interact well at all levels within the organization.
- Be well organized and highly efficient when managing your work.
- Team player with a willingness to learn new things.
- Be able to consistently lift, pull and push up to 50 lbs. of material.
- Have a valid California driver's license and be insurable under the Academy's provider.
Academy of Art University offers full-time employees health insurance, 401k options, paid vacation based on years of service, paid holidays, paid sick leave and a commuter benefit program. The Academy also offers full-time employees an opportunity to take one undergraduate course tuition-free each semester. We also have a swimming pool with multiple lanes, two fitness centers and many recreational programs that you are welcome to benefit from throughout the year.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.