Audio and Visual Technicians at Academy of Art University work with a number of faculty each day to provide high quality audio and visual resources that support classroom learning. They also work with our talented staff to ensure seamless audio and visual productions during formal industry events, large training sessions and small group presentations.
The University has an immediate opening for a skilled Audio and Visual Technician and we welcome you to apply for this opportunity. This is a part-time position (working up to 40 work hours each week) during the fall, spring and summer semesters.
- Orderly set-up and distribution of audio and visual equipment at various Academy buildings throughout the city of San Francisco.
- Supervision of special events, on and off campus, where audio and visual equipment is in use. Ensure equipment is set up in advance of need and that all resources are properly functioning.
- Maintain and organize audio and visual equipment by ensuring orderly storage for easy use whenever needed. Responsible for the logging, tracking and assessment of Academy audio and visual equipment inventory as well.
- Assess damage to or loss of audio and visual equipment. Document related issues and escalate concerns for resolution. Complete repairs of audio and visual equipment when necessary.
- Answer questions regarding resource allocations and availability. Maintain calendars for all special events departmental requests.
- Two years of professional audio and visual technical experience in an educational setting is preferred.
- Operational knowledge of equipment commonly used for presentation support including consumer and professional electronics. Equipment knowledge includes PCs and Macs, televisions and related inputs/outputs, DVD and BD players, VCRs, CD, digital audio recorders, mixing consoles, slide projectors, data projectors, PA systems, video cameras and all required cabling.
- Team player, self-motivated, and able to work flexible hours including some nights, weekends and overtime.
- Interpersonal and customer service skills. Work with faculty, staff and students in a professional, helpful and friendly manner.
- Work efficiently and proactively in a deadline-driven environment.
- Extremely punctual with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Valid California driver’s license and be insurable under the Academy’s provider.
Academy of Art University offers great part-time benefits for our Technicians. Such benefits include one tuition-free undergraduate class per semester, paid sick leave accrual, an enrollment option for a tax-free commuter program and a 401k enrollment option. We also have a swimming pool with multiple lanes, two fitness centers and many recreational programs that you are welcome to benefit from throughout the term.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.