Coast Personnel currently has an IMMEDIATE opening for a temp to hire Junior Mechanical Engineer for a dynamic and innovative high-tech manufacturing company located in Fremont, CA
Junior Mechanical Engineer (Design Checker)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
-Quickly and accurately review drawings as part of a design review team for adherence to correct GD&T standards and internal company standards.
- Review designs as part of a design review team and check for adherence to correct product design standards, DFM and so forth.
- Communicate with designers and applications engineers during the project review process.
- Interact with Solidworks PDM to process files through various workflows.
- Aggressively pursue knowledge about various product types and systems in order to understand how to create product that adheres to company design rules and drawing standards such as ASME GD&T.
- Interact with ERP software to manage BOM’s and review item cards for accuracy and adherence to company standards.
- Quickly and accurately process Engineering Change Orders (ECO’s).
- Work independently to get multiple simultaneous projects into production while keeping a balanced schedule.
- May be called upon to occasionally perform design activities as indicated by the department manager.
- Use knowledge and experience with hands- on manufacturing methods to model products that adhere to design for manufacture and design for assembly practices.
- Assist with achieving general department goals.
Minimum Qualification Requirement:
1. Candidate must have a BS in Mechanical Engineering or a closely related field. A lesser degree is acceptable if supported by direct engineering or design checker experience.
2. Two plus years of professional CAD experience are desired and preference will be given for candidates with official Solidworks certification.
3. Two plus years of daily professional experience with design checking and GC&T (educational experience not applicable).
4. He/She must be capable of understanding mechanism design, dimensioning complex geometry, measurement standards, and have a general understanding of force deflection, materials science, thermodynamics, refrigeration and heat transfer.
5. Candidate must have very good oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
6. Enthusiasm is highly valued, as is the ability to adapt quickly in a dynamic and demanding work environment.
7. Candidate should be self-started, disciplined and willing to work with a flexible work schedule.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.