The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
Qualifications Required/Job Specifications:
- 7 years minimum experience in a contract manufacturing or high-technology company, 10 years experience preferred.
- Requires a Bachelors Degree or equivalent in a technical, business, or financial discipline
- Previous program management experience required.
- Must be self-directed, dependable, and motivated with excellent relationship and time management skills.
- Establishing and supporting Lean, Six Sigma, and/or other related processes for continuous improvement of critical operational metrics across key functions.
- CPI, CRM or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects. Ability to meet stated customer initiated deadlines.
- Proficient with PC-based software including SAP and Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Strong, effective organizational skills required; detail and data oriented; ability to multitask
- Possess excellent communication skills in both verbal and written form
- Ability to read, and interpret engineering instructions, schematics, technical procedures, and various reports
- Ability to keep accurate documentation
- Possess a high level of integrity in handling confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers and employees;
- Maintain courteous, professional and effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization
- Available to work the days and hours necessary to perform all assigned responsibilities and tasks. Must be available (especially during regular business hours or shifts) to communicate with subordinates, supervisors, customers, vendors, and any other person or organization with whom interaction is required to accomplish work and goals.
- This may include odd hour teleconferences with global facilities.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demand described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and/or walk for extended periods of time; use hands and fingers to handle panels and boards; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and have steady hands and dexterity. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Decision Making Authority:
- No authority in authorizing expenditures.
- Makes recommendation based on analysis and presents to supervisor for final decision
- Quality, programs, etc.
- Authority in relation to project and programs
- Program or project errors
- Significant impact on error in general because of nature of responsibilities
- Significant control of operations in projects and programs
- Influence of all personnel
- Important interaction with customers
- Ability to apply basic concepts of arithmetic
- Ability to use common sense to solve practical problems
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
The program manager is expected to travel to customer and supplier sites as needed. There is a potential for international travel to other client facilities. Percentage of travel not to exceed 25%
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.