We are looking for a Senior System Engineer for a very important client.
· Analyze system level architectural and algorithmic trade-offs.
· Conduct PHY layer performance analysis via comprehensive simulations using fixed-point signal processing.
· Lead the development of fixed point Matlab models and interface with RTL designers to implement the algorithms.
· Design DSP algorithms and work closely with DSP team to define IOs and interfaces.
· Invent PHY layer protocols for network entry and link maintenance.
· Design feedback channels that support automatic transmit power control and automatic modulation selection.
· Analyze RF link budgets for non-line-of-sight communication links.
· Implement channel models for multi-antenna phased-array systems.
· Define the SW/HW interfaces and their requirements.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications & experience:
· Solid understanding of PHY aspects of wireless systems from a protocol & hardware standpoints.
· PHY communication techniques and OFDM-based radio architecture.
· Channel estimation/tracking and interference cancellation.
· MIMO spatial processing, reduced complexity implementations.
· RF imperfections modeling and their digital compensation methods.
· Experience with LTE or WiMax PHY protocols highly desired.
· SoC and/or RFIC chip bring-up desired.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· M.S. or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering with 10 years of industry experience developing wireless technologies.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.