The goal of the Design Consultant is to suggest design ideas that incorporate functionality and aesthetics. He/she will assist customers in selecting tile, wood and stone products of various colors, textures, patterns and designs.
- Meet with customers to determine preferences, purpose, function, types of materials and budget when planning interior and exterior environments.
- Integrate findings and knowledge of interior design to formulate a plan and sell the appropriate products to complete the plan.
- Meet sales goals that are established by the General Manager.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in Interior Design preferred.
- Three (3) years of interior design experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
- Prior retail sales experience.
- Knowledge of hard surface flooring is a plus.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong analytical and communication skills (oral and written).
- Proficient in basic mathematical skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.