Do you excel at multitasking? Are you always organized and passionate about customer service? Do you enjoy planning events and meetings? Academy of Art University is looking for a proactive, personable Administrative Assistant to join our team. Apply today!
- Work closely with the Academy of Art University's Academic Directors.
- Support the front office, answer phones, schedule appointments, purchase supplies and manage mail distribution.
- Create, revise and post social media publications on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other related sites.
- Coordinate administrative matters and classroom logistics.
- Act as a liaison between multiple departments to ensure administrative success.
- Provide guidance to students and faculty regarding general policies and procedures.
- Represent Academy of Art University at special events throughout the year.
- Minimum of two years of professional experience in an administrative capacity.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be a self-starter, work well independently and in a team environment and manage multiple priorities with ease.
- Have a friendly, outgoing and supportive approach. Demonstrate commitment to providing quality customer service.
- Must be highly flexible and adaptable.
- Strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint and have knowledge of social media management.
Academy of Art University offers full-time employees health insurance, 401k options, paid vacation based on years of service, paid holidays, paid sick leave and a commuter benefit program. The Academy also offers full-time employees an opportunity to take one undergraduate course tuition-free each semester. We also have a swimming pool with multiple lanes, two fitness centers and many recreational programs that you are welcome to benefit from throughout the year.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.