We are looking for a knowledgeable Payroll Specialist to process and manage the company’s payroll. You will be the one to calculate wages based on hours worked and administer payments.
A payroll specialist is able to use payroll software with accuracy and efficiency. They are good with numbers and can be trusted with sensitive information. They also have great communication skills to interact with colleagues and executives.
The goal is to ensure personnel receives the correct compensation in a timely manner.
• Gather information on hours worked for each employee
• Calculate the correct amount incorporating overtime, deductions, bonuses etc. with assistance of a computer system
• Receive approval from upper management for payments when needed
• Prepare and execute pay orders through an electronic system or distribute paychecks
• Administer statements of payment to personnel either electronically or on paper
• Process taxes and payment of employee benefits
• Keep track of hour rates, wages, compensation benefit rates, new hire information etc.
• Address issues and questions regarding payroll from employees and superiors
• Prepare reports for upper management, finance department etc.
• Proven experience as payroll specialist or payroll lead
• Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll best practices
• Very good knowledge of legislation and regulations of the field
• Proficient in MS Office and good knowledge of relevant software (e.g. Execel, Kronos, Payforce) and databases
• Trustworthy with attention to confidentiality
• Outstanding organizational ability with great attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills
• High school diploma or equivalent; BSc/BA in business, accounting or relevant field is a plus
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.