- Are you a friendly facilities expert with a positive and helpful attitude?
- Do you have experience supporting the operations, maintenance, repair, upkeep, and refurbishing activities of an organization's physical environment and building systems?
- Would you like to work at a multi-faceted, dynamic organization that thrives on teamwork and collaboration?
If so, we’d love to talk with you about San Mateo Credit Union’s Facilities Specialist Position!
Located in the heart of the Bay Area, San Mateo Credit Union is a community-centric and growth-orientated organization that is one of the most unique and special providers of financial products, services and education in the area. We recently surpassed $1 billion in assets and our future is bright with promise!
Under general supervision, performs a variety of semi-skilled (Apprentice Level) and skilled (Journeyman Level) tasks in the maintenance and repair of SMCU buildings, facilities and equipment; assists with administrative duties including but not limited to: data entry, record keeping, pick up and delivery of mail, packages, parts and supplies; assists with setup and cleanup of special events; adheres to policies, procedures and work methods associated with assigned duties; performs other related duties as required.
- Performs a wide variety of routine maintenance, administrative, hands-on support tasks and duties at multiple sites located throughout the Bay Area, in assisting with the day-to-day operations of SMCU buildings, facilities, equipment and special events.
- Maintain SMCU locations, Administrative Services storage, mechanical/electrical, and receiving areas in a clean, orderly and safe condition.
- Perform basic maintenance tasks at a semi-skilled to skilled level in (may include, but not limited to the following): carpentry, electrical, low voltage, plumbing, HVAC, painting, doors and hardware, windows, flooring.
- Ability to use power and hand tools for each trade in a safe and proper manner.
- Ability to work safely with little or no supervision.
- Assist with security equipment maintenance, and tracking/issuance of access cards and hard keys.
- Ability to complete paperwork in a timely and accurate manner, including but not limited to; work orders and tasks requests, inventory control documents, SOP’s safe operating procedures, weekly reports, preventive maintenance documents.
- Provides backup support for processing mail, including pick up and delivery.
- Responsible for the purchase, pick up, and delivery of supplies as directed.
- Assist and take lead role as required with the setup and cleanup of special events and activities to ensure the best presentation and cleanup possible.
- Assists with weekend or off-shift, car sales, all staff meetings and special events (may be located on-site “or” at off-site locations), including setup and cleanup.
- Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control;
- Provides service that aligns with SMCU’s Culture2 philosophy: We improve people’s lives, we solve problems when others won’t and what’s best for you comes first for us.
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to accommodate individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of the job, employee may be required to use frequent physical activities include sitting, standing, reaching, walking, talking, bending, and constant use of hands.
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Employee must occasionally work before/after the regular work shift
- These activities are not necessarily performed to the same degree and combination every day.
WE OFFER FANTASTIC BENEFITS!
SMCU reflects the value placed on employees by providing the following impressive benefits in addition to competitive salary:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Long-Term Disability Insurances!
- 401(k) including generous matching contributions!
- Semi-annual bonuses for meeting key financial and operational goals!
- Discounts on financial products and services, including loans!
- Paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and much more!
Apply Now for Consideration!
San Mateo Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- High school diploma, GED, or four years facilities maintenance experience substitutable for four-year High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be bondable.
- Valid Class C - CA. driver's license and the ability to meet minimum SMCU standards for employees using personal vehicles for SMCU business. Must have a good driving record.
- Must have reliable transportation and the ability and willingness to use the vehicle for SMCU business, maintenance and delivery trips to multiple sites.
- Thorough knowledge work practices, tools and equipment associated with one or more trades such as; plumbing, electrical, painting, HVAC, or related field. Thorough knowledge of standard hand and power tools and equipment used in facilities maintenance and repair activities and the ability to use these tools in a safe, efficient manner.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions, and to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to communicate and interact professionally with internal staff and tenants.
- Excellent work history and attendance record.
- Perform basic computer skills including but not limited to: Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, and Visio.
- Must be willing to contribute and work on multiple projects as directed.
- Facilities Maintenance Employees are required to wear work-attire consistent with SMCU standards, and appropriate for facilities maintenance activities including; protective footwear consisting of leather/other sturdy materials and closed front and back (i.e. no clogs or sandals of any type).
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.