Job Purpose / Summary
The Sourcing Associate is a member of a client sourcing service delivery team, managing the development and execution of sourcing projects of various complexity levels. The Sourcing Associate is responsible for executing simple to complex sourcing projects, from start to finish, including but not limited to – validating sourcing requests per client guidelines, analyzing requirements for the bid packages, communicating with client requesters to close any data gaps, preparing and publishing the package to the identified suppliers for bidding purposes, following up with suppliers to ensure adequate participation, analyzing and summarizing proposals, coordinating evaluation of suppliers and facilitating decision makings.
Key Responsibilities / Job Duties
- Sourcing Execution: Provides sourcing services (RFx, reverse auctions, negotiations) to our clients based on predefined service levels, managing 5-12 simple to complex projects simultaneously with limited supervision/guidance or independently
- Once a project request is received, assess completeness of requirements, perform due diligence and validation, follow up with the requestor to obtain further project details, answer any process related questions, and provide updates on project status
- Lead and execute the Denali sourcing process from start to finish, e.g., spend data collection and analysis, supply market analysis and supplier discovery if needed, RFx development, publishing and management, reverse auctions, negotiations, bid response analysis and synthesis
- Manage suppliers during the sourcing process, including conducting supplier orientation and training on the sourcing process, following up with suppliers on milestone activities
- Perform in depth analysis of proposals submitted, facilitate supplier evaluations, draw conclusions, prepare comprehensive summaries, and present to the client in a concise manner
- Process Improvement
- Develop and/or customize various templates such as RFx, pricing, and proposal evaluation
- Identify areas of process inefficiencies and suggest improvements to management to improve efficiency and effectiveness of Denali processes
- Client and Project Management
- Develop and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Collaborate with Client Category Managers and/or Denali SMEs on project strategy and determine sourcing approach and methodology to be applied based on the strategy
- Develop mastery in multiple core phases of the Denali sourcing methodology and provide mentoring and training to the rest of the team members
- Participate in peer reviews for other team member’s projects and check for quality, consistency and compliance with Denali methodology and client specific requirements
- Coach, transfer knowledge, and develop team members to be more effective in their current roles
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Procurement Functional/Technical Skills:
- Strong Sourcing skills, including sourcing methodology and process, eSourcing technology, RFX development and management
- Familiarity with various best practice sourcing approaches and techniques
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work with data in Excel using pivot tables and various other key Excel functions to analyze, organize and present data
- Ability to synthesize data, draw conclusion, and make recommendations based on understanding of client objectives and requirements
- Proficiency of one or more eSourcing tools (e.g., Ariba, Procuri, Iasta, Zycus, ERP eSourcing module)
- Basic to intermediate negotiation skills
- Understanding of retail store specific categories and their pricing/cost structures, terminology, key vendors, key requirements, typical sourcing levers, etc.
- Business Fundamentals:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated teamwork and team leadership capabilities
- Excellent project management skills including project planning, time management, multitasking, critical path definition
- Client Services Capabilities:
- Strong customer service orientation including demonstrated issue resolution and relationship management skills
- Ability to learn and master client specific processes, terminology, political environment, systems and unique requirements by various business groups
- Solid decision-making ability using available facts in sensitive client situations
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 3-5 years of work experience in procurement, sourcing, operations, or supply chain
Denali – A WNS Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.