Role and Responsibilities
- Greeting and welcoming all guests and positively addressing their needs.
- Process all guest that check-in and check-out and document with high degree of accuracy while on duty.
- Demonstrates knowledge of hotel information, such as hotel services, room categories, room rates, promotions, and able to answer all inquiries regarding hotel services and other informational requests.
- Efficiently manages to multi-task with in-person and phone guest inquiries, as well as other responsibilities when under pressure.
- Respond to guest comments and complaints in a courteous, professional, but expeditious manner. Alerts appropriate manager as needed.
- When information is incomplete or irregular, take appropriate action based on hotel policies and procedures.
- Performing additional front desk duties as assigned if/when necessary.
- Punctuality, regular and reliable attendance are required.
- This position may be on a rotating work schedule and may be required to work overtime from time to time.
- Tracks room revenues, occupancy percentages, and other front office operating statistics.
- Prepares summary of cash, check and credit card activities, reflecting the hotel’s performance for the day.
- Posts room charges and room taxes to guest accounts. Process guests’ charge vouchers and credit card vouchers.
- Verifies all account postings and balances.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Prior hotel front desk or guest services experience is preferred.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D
- Basic computer and phone skills
- Fluent in English
- Impeccable customer services and willingness to go above and beyond guest expectations.
- Detail orientated.
- Interpersonal and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
- Flexibility to work collaboratively with all personnel for shift scheduling.
- Schedule: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday 11pm – 7am, OR Part-Time; Friday, Saturday and Sunday 11 pm - 7am.
- Training provided