Office Manager/Accountant- Biotech start-up Burlingame
We have an Office Manager / Accountant position opening with our client, an early stage growing biotech company located in Burlingame. We are looking for an individual who is hands-on and self-directed with the opportunity to grow as the company scales in revenue and size.
The position is a combination Office Manager and Accountant. This employee will be responsible for day-to-day administrative tasks as well as entry-level accounting. The position will originally be responsible for vendor management including transacting A/P and credit card transactions in QuickBooks and provides for taking on more advanced accounting responsibilities.
- A/P, check runs, vendor management, sales/use tax accrual, reconciliations, closing journal entries for standard accounts
- Provide administrative support to C-level, VP and other employees; order office/kitchen supplies; receptionist and light shipping/receiving duties
- Logistics for board, investor and other meetings
- HR administration
- Support all month-end close activities in accordance with US GAAP within the required deadlines, including analyzing and reconciling balance sheet accounts, preparing journal entries and supporting schedules for standard accruals
- Monthly balance sheet and income statement flux analysis
- Develop, implement and maintain key policies and procedures for your areas of responsibilities
- Credit card management and reconciliation
- Assist in preparation of annual forms 1099/1096
- Other projects as required
- 3+ years of experience as an Office Manager with some accounting experience
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytical and process improvement skills
- Proven ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally
- Able to work independently and self-motivate with a flexible can-do attitude
- Experience with QuickBooks
- Familiarity with Expensify a plus
Please send your resume to:
Murdock Martell | Your Chief Financial Resource
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.