*** To be considered for this position, please use this link to apply: https://careers-edenhousing.icims.com/jobs/2284/property-supervisor/job ***
Property Supervisor- Central Office-Hayward
Assists in the development and monitoring of company policies and procedures related to property management; responsible for recruitment, training, development, and supervision of Property Managers, and primary responsibility for ensuring the physical asset and performance of assigned portfolio. Assists senior management and other supervisors with special projects and other related work.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Establishes and coordinates a communication system involving transactions and activities between onsite staff and the Central Office to ensure appropriate monitoring and control of property issues and operations.
- Hires, trains, supervises, develops, and terminates the employment of those supervised in accordance with company policies and directives; performs timely performance evaluations on supervised employees; assists Property Managers with site-level employees. Approves all new hires, status changes, and terminations for on-site personnel.
- Monitors, assists, and makes recommendations to improve property operations; reviews occupancy status; recommends rent schedules and prepares rent increase requirements to governing agencies.
- Reviews/audits property administrative, accounting, and maintenance areas to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures; approves all exceptions of same. Oversees the resolution of resident relation issues.
- Inspects the properties a minimum of twice a month to ensure the highest standards are maintained; evaluates effectiveness and efficiency of maintenance, grounds, and housekeeping operations. Conducts periodic inspection of vacant apartments for market-ready condition.
- Assists in or develops corrective programs to ensure physical and fiscal well being of the apartment communities.
- Prepares annual operating and capital budgets; monitors budget performance and prepares summary reports of same.
- Reviews and approves expenditures within specified budgetary guidelines. Negotiates and/or evaluates contracts and makes recommendations.
- Assists in the update, revision and/or development of forms, reports, and manuals relating to property management issues and operations. Ensures implementation, as appropriate.
- Prepares and conducts semi-annual portfolio meetings to include all property personnel.
- Establishes ongoing working relationships with lenders and regulatory agency personnel.
- Ensures that regulatory agreements are adhered to and followed.
- Assists in the development and implementation of property management training programs.
- Attends all HUD industry meetings and other regulatory agency meetings as required and appropriate.
Manages property managers who supervise property staff. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the staff within their portfolio. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Knowledge of apartment property management normally acquired by four years of college or comparable work experience, and a Certified Property Manager (CPM) designation or candidate status within six months of hire.
Minimum of three years’ experience as a manager overseeing multiple properties in the affordable housing developments, including but not limited to Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC), Tax-Exempt Bonds, Rental Housing Construction Program (RHCP), California Housing Rehabilitation Program (CHRP), California Housing Finance Agency (CHFA), and Assisted Housing Program (AHP) properties. Experience in generating property budgets. Working knowledge of applicable local and federal housing laws including Fair Housing and Landlord and Tenant laws required.
Knowledge of apartment property management normally acquired by three years of supervisory experience in property management, preferably in an affordable housing management working environment.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Current COS or attainment within six months of hire.
- Current tax credit certification or attainment within six months of hire.
- CPM Certification or candidate status
- Must have reliable automobile transportation and a valid California Driver's License and insurance.*** To be considered for this position, please use this link to apply: https://careers-edenhousing.icims.com/jobs/2284/property-supervisor/job ***
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.