NOVA (North Valley Job Training Consortium) provides employment and training services to job seekers and businesses in San Mateo County and northern Santa Clara County. NOVA is a department of the City of Sunnyvale.
- Under general supervision of NOVA’s Fiscal Manager, performs complex clerical duties related to accounting, reconciliation, billing, auditing and accounting period close procedures.
- Performs tasks related to day-to-day operations of assigned area including verifying and coding financial data, and processing and tracking data.
- Graduation from high school or tested equivalent; AND three years of technical accounting support experience.
- Knowledge of:
- Basic accounting and financial record keeping.
- Functions of accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchasing, auditing and revenue collections at an advanced journey level.
- Basic understanding of contract procedures.
- Office methods, procedures, software and equipment.
- Write queries and design reports using a computerized accounting system.
- Analyze and integrate financial data, forms, records and reports.
- Perform mathematical calculations, using a calculator and operating 10-Key pad by touch.
- Establish and maintain complex filing systems.
- Recognize, analyze and resolve problems.
- Process complex accounting and financial transactions, reconcile and monitor accounts; identify, research and resolve discrepancies.
- Interpret, apply and follow laws, policies and procedures.
- Operate a computer using word processing and business software and other office equipment.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrate initiative and exercise good judgment in the performance of assigned duties.
- Work independently and as a team member; recognize and set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Salary: $35.08/hour
- 20-25 hours/week; schedule to be negotiated.
- Temporary/casual employees are limited to working no more than 900 hours in a fiscal year (July 1 - June 30) and are unbenefitted.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.