Vote Center Aide

$19.92 - $24.21 hourly
  • Santa Clara County Registrar of Voters Office
  • Throughout of Santa Clara County
  • Nov 22, 2019
Temporary   Customer Service

Job Description

The Santa Clara County Registrar of Voters Office is looking for Vote Center Aides to work in our 110+ Vote Centers throughout the County for the March 3, 2020 Presidential Primary Election. Positions start in early January 2020.

 

VOTE CENTER AIDE (Election Aide)

SALARY RANGE: $19.92 to $24.21 per hour

APPLY FOR ELECTION AIDE POSITION:

 

DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS

Individuals hired into this class are extra help employees and perform assigned tasks on an as-needed basis prior to, during and immediately following an election. The Vote Center Aide assists the Vote Center Leads, performing all customer service and technical duties and responsibilities of multiple functional areas within the Vote Center. Candidates should be adaptable, flexible and able to get along well with others.

 

EXAMPLE OF DUTIES

  • Facilitate voting in a Vote
  • Operate various types of voting
  • Communicate effectively and deal tactfully with members of the public, under stressful conditions.
  • Assist in the opening and closing procedures 

 

QUALIFICATIONS

Knowledge of:

  • Principles and practices of customer
  • Basic mathematic
  • Correct English usage, including spelling, grammar and

 

Ability To:

  • Work long hours and
  • Respond to requests and inquiries from the general
  • Sit and stand for extended periods of
  • Maintain security and confidentiality of restricted
  • Operate office equipment including computers and supporting software
  • Understand and follow oral and written
  • Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in
  • Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
  • Lift, carry and transfer materials and supplies; push and pull loaded hand
  • Ability to travel to alternate locations in the course of

 

EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION

The required knowledge and abilities are attained through training and experience equivalent to completion of eighth (8th) grade education.

 

BILINGUAL ELECTION OFFICERS ENCOURAGED TO APPLY

  • Are needed at all Vote Centers throughout the County
  • Santa Clara County will offer language support and ballots at all Vote Centers in nine languages:
    • English, Spanish, Vietnamese, Tagalog, Chinese (Mandarin/Cantonese), Hindi, Japanese, Korean and Khmer.
  • Other languages that may be needed at Vote Centers:
    • Persian, Portuguese, Russian, Syriac, Thai, Gujarati, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu.

 

 

 

ABOUT THE VOTER’S CHOICE ACT

Starting next year with the March 3, 2020 Presidential Primary Election, the Santa Clara County Registrar of Voters will be implementing the Voter’s Choice Act, a new way of voting that will modernize voting and provide voters with greater flexibility and convenience.

What’s changing?

  • Every registered voter will receive a Vote By Mail ballot starting 29 days before Election Day
  • Voters can now vote at any Vote Center in Santa Clara County
  • 20% of Vote Centers will open for 11 days including Election Day and the other 80% of Vote Centers will be open for 4 days including Election Day throughout the County on Election Day
  • Vote Centers will offer more space, additional services and new enhanced voting equipment

 When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.  

Deadline to Apply

12/21/2019