SRI's Corporate Finance group has an immediate opening in our Menlo Park, CA headquarters, for a Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst. Reporting directly to the Manager of Corporate FP&A, the FP&A Analyst will play an important role in transforming the finance organization to customer-focused, best practices methodology. The individual will partner across SRI to create and measure against short and long-term financial projections, act in a cross-functional financial and operational support capacity, and work with other SRI organizations to drive sound business decision-making, enhance operating efficiencies, and review/monitor/analyze expenses for profit improvement opportunities.
- Support the annual budget and quarterly forecasts for G&A departments.
- Develop monthly financial reports:
- Budget vs. Actual
- Forecast vs. Actual
- Maintain and report on internal corporate projects:
- Tracks service center rates and quarterly reports
- Monitor actual expenditures to ensure proper coding and prepare cost corrections as necessary
- Assists with procurement and travel approvals
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Business with 1-2 years of relevant finance-related experience (budgeting, forecasting, and corporate financial and performance reporting).
- S. citizenship required.
- Experience in GAAP accounting desirable.
- Experience with Costpoint and Cognos. Adaptive Insight preferred.
- Expert knowledge of industry practices, advanced techniques and solutions within a professional discipline to develop new standards, processes, and solutions.
- Able to communicate effectively with internal leadership.
- Advanced skills in Excel and exceptional analytical and research skills including experience analyzing and manipulating large amounts of financial, competitive, and transactional data.
When applying, please note that you saw the job posted on the NOVA Job Board. If you need help with your resumé, please see a NOVA Career Advisor.